ADSM-L

TSM in a MS Cluster environment

2002-12-10 16:52:42
Subject: TSM in a MS Cluster environment
From: "Wholey, Joseph (TGA\\MLOL)" <JWholey AT EXCHANGE.ML DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 16:52:04 -0500
I'm about to install TSM in a MS cluster environment.  I've done this with
success in the past in an active/active environment where each server has 3 TSM
scheduler services.  e.g.  local scheduler,
scheduler_service_for_group_A, scheduler_service_for_group_B.

I've not done it in an active/passive environment where all resources normally
belong to the active server.  The documentation is very vague.  Here are my
questions.

How many nodes will I have?
How many scheduler services will I have on each server?
Do both nodes share one "cluster" dsm.opt file that resides in the same
directory?

Does anyone have step by step doc for an active/passive TSM cluster server
install?

thx.

Regards, Joe