ADSM-L

Re: Policy settings for TDP Domino backups

2002-12-09 15:20:12
Subject: Re: Policy settings for TDP Domino backups
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:16:10 -0500
Marc,

You should use these copygroup settings:

   VEREXISTS    NOLIMIT
   RETEXTRA     31
   VERDELETED   NOLIMIT
   RETONLY      31

That way, no matter how many backups you take
within a month, it will still only keep them
for 31 days.

By the way, the TSM Server will never delete active copies
of the DP for Domino backups. And so... if, for some reason,
you did not run a backup for more than 31 days, those backups
will be kept longer than the 31 days.  (I don't think you
want the TSM Server to delete your only copy of the
database backup, right?)

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.