ADSM-L

Two Windows backup questions (repost)

2002-12-09 07:06:06
Subject: Two Windows backup questions (repost)
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 13:05:48 +0100
Hi *SM-ers!
This is a repost because I did not receive any answer about a week ago.
I have two Windows related questions:

1) When running an incremental, TSM backs up the registry files by default.
We are soon going to add several Windows 2000 client which use Active
Directory. I read in the manual that Active Directory is part of the System
Objects which can be backed up using the BACKUP SYSTEMOBJECT command. So, if
I'm reading things correctly one has to issue both commands ('dsmc i' and
'dsmc backup systemobject') for a complete backup?

2) Most of these Win2k machines have IIS installed. I was told that IIS is
not recoverable using normal file restore. It has something to do with the
IIS metabase which has to be treated differently. How do other people backup
and recover an IIS server?

Thank you very much in advance for any reply!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.