ADSM-L

tape to tape copy

2002-12-08 23:52:37
Subject: tape to tape copy
From: StorageGroupAdmin StorageGroupAdmin <StorageGroupAdmin AT SYDNEYWATER.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 15:51:41 +1100
Hello,

Running TSM 5.1 on Solaris 8, using IBM 3590's in an ATL over a SAN (& SAN DATA
GATEWAYS)

Does anyone know how to copy a TSM BACKUPSET series of tapes directly to
another set of tapes (1 at a time is fine)

I already know the following: TSM has no way of doing this.
Solaris DD or TAR cannot do this as it requires EOT markers on each tape
IBM TCOPY also cannot do this as it also requires EOT markers on each tape
(tcopy can copy a backupset on a single tape)
MMUNIX software cannot see scsi tapes in an ATL over the SAN.

I do not have the space to recover the data and make another copy.

Appreciate any help,

Thanks
Anthony Langford
Sydney Water

Voluntary water restrictions now apply to residents in
Sydney, Blue Mountains and the Illawarra.
No sprinklers or watering systems between 8am and 8pm.
No hosing of paths, buildings or hard surfaces.
For more information visit www.sydneywater.com.au
This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient
and may contain information which is confidential or
privileged. Unauthorised use of its contents is prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately via e-mail and then delete the
original e-mail.