ADSM-L

Re: how to migrate from adsm 3.1.2.x to tsm 5.1.5 on AS/400

2002-12-07 13:13:38
Subject: Re: how to migrate from adsm 3.1.2.x to tsm 5.1.5 on AS/400
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 19:20:47 +0200
TSM v5.1.5 is not available for OS/400 but for PASE environment. Thus you
have to follow standard cross-platform method using export/import. Restore
of ADSM/TSM database is supported only on the *same* platform and *same*
version. Even if it is possible to restore it somehow the result is
unpredictable and is valuable only for test environment. I will not play
with this in production - too many data to be exposed on risk.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

TSM <tsm AT PROFI-AG DOT DE>
06.12.2002 16:05