ADSM-L

Re: TSM audit error

2002-12-06 22:41:31
Subject: Re: TSM audit error
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 22:40:34 -0500
I would halt TSM and then if this library does it's own audit or
inventory, have it do it and then start TSM server again and
run audit library.  That should do it unless there is some H/W
problem.  I have had this problem on a library or two when things
got "kind of messed up".

David Longo

>>> Chetan.Ravnikar AT SYNOPSYS DOT COM 12/06/02 05:29PM >>>
Folks
I see a strange problem, TSM thinks there are tapes in a drive but
infact there is none present, physically. Anyone seen this before. Any
help is appreciated

Server TSM 5.1.5.1 running on Sol-2.8 with Gator 64K  (spectra Logics)

many thanks
Chetan

================
NR2017I Administrator KRISH issued command: QUERY PROCESS
ANR2017I Administrator KRISH issued command: ROLLBACK
ANR2017I Administrator KRISH issued command: RUN au
ANR2017I Administrator KRISH issued command: AUDIT LIBRARY gator64k
checklabe-
l=barcode
ANR0984I Process 1 for AUDIT LIBRARY started in the BACKGROUND at
13:24:15.
ANR8457I AUDIT LIBRARY: Operation for library GATOR64K started as
process 1.
ANR8834E Library volume **UNKNOWN** is still present in library
GATOR64K drive
DRV1 (/dev/rmt/1mt), and must be removed manually.
ANR8834E Library volume **UNKNOWN** is still present in library
GATOR64K drive
DRV2 (/dev/rmt/2mt), and must be removed manually.
ANR8834E Library volume **UNKNOWN** is still present in library
GATOR64K drive
DRV3 (/dev/rmt/3mt), and must be removed manually.
ANR8834E Library volume **UNKNOWN** is still present in library
GATOR64K drive
DRV4 (/dev/rmt/4mt), and must be removed manually.
ANR8460E AUDIT LIBRARY process for library GATOR64K failed.
ANR0985I Process 1 for AUDIT LIBRARY running in the BACKGROUND
completed with
completion state FAILURE at 13:24:16.
ANR0407I Session 4 started for administrator REPORTS (Solaris 7/8 )
(Tcp/Ip
146.225.104.171(34049)).

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 12/06/2002 10:42:02 PM
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this
message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender,
except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a
particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such
views or opinions.