ADSM-L

AW: Ned a SQL QUERY - Where did my big files come from?

2002-12-06 13:17:43
Subject: AW: Ned a SQL QUERY - Where did my big files come from?
From: "Rupp Thomas (Illwerke)" <thomas.rupp AT ILLWERKE DOT AT>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 19:17:00 +0100
Hi,

I would use the following approach:

Find the tape volumes that have been written during last backup or
migration:

select volume_name from volumes where last_write_date >
timestamp('2002-12-06','02:00:00')
  and last_write_date < timestamp('2002-12-06','08:00:00')

This example gives you all the tape volumes that have been written between 2
and 8 o'clock
(ISO date/time format). Use QUERY SQLSESSION to see the format SQL needs.

Now you could scan all those tapes (x, y, z) using

select node_name, filespace_name, file_name from contents where
volume_name='x'
  and file_size>1073741824

You would have to do this for every volume listed by the first select.

I'm not sure if you could combine all found volumes into one select.
Eventually this leads to a 'full table scan' and therefore takes forever
(Any SQL Gurus out there?).

select node_name, filespace_name, file_name from contents where volume_name
  and file_size>1073741824

These selects take a lot of CPU - so be careful.

Kind regards
Thomas Rupp
Vorarlberger Illwerke AG
Mail:   thomas dot rupp at illwerke dot at

Dieses eMail wurde auf Viren geprueft.

Vorarlberger Illwerke AG