ADSM-L

Re: 4.2.3 Upgradedb - ??

2002-12-06 09:00:46
Subject: Re: 4.2.3 Upgradedb - ??
From: Matt Simpson <msimpson AT UKY DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:00:18 -0500
At 13:54 -0800 12/5/02, Sam Sheppard wrote:
I have just installed the 4.2.3 server upgrade and have been running the
UPGRADEDB process for almost 3 hours now.

When we upgraded from 4.2.2 to 4.2.3, we didn't do an Upgradedb.  We
didn't see anything in the install doc that said it was necessary.
How do we know which version upgrades require an upgradedb? And what
happens if we don't do it?  TSM still seems to be running OK .. or as
close to OK as it ever gets.
--

Matt Simpson --  OS/390 Support
219 McVey Hall  -- (859) 257-2900 x300