ADSM-L

Novell ANS 1880E pls help

2002-12-06 08:07:10
Subject: Novell ANS 1880E pls help
From: Schmitz Garnebode <Schmitz.Garnebode AT SWEST DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:58:34 +0100
Hi all,

our customer founds the messages seen below.

Have seen anybody this error ?? Any idea ??
Our customer says hi checks the permissions and all was right !!
I'm not a novell freak and i can`t checks this problem myself !!

04.12.2002 22:31:33 ANS1880E TSA Connect error,
         NWSMConnectToTargetService 'ISIS_2000'
         password file 'PHYTON\SYS:/TIVOLI/TSM/CLIENT/BA/TSM.PWD'.
         Userid = '.CN=admin.O=main'
         failed with cc = 8000000B

dsmc help says:
"
ANS1880E TSA Connect error, NWSMConnectToTargetService
         'TSA_Target_Service' password file 'password_file'. Userid =
         'NetWare_userid' failed with cc = TSA_ccode

Explanation: TSM received an unexpected error from the Novell TSA interface
while processing the userid and password from NWPWFILE.
System Action: If the failure is a 'Login Denied' the user will be prompted
for a Novell NetWare Userid and Password, and a password file will be
created.
User Response: The cc is returned from the TSA which belongs to Novell
NetWare. If you get cc = FFFDFFD7 'Login Denied', please check the
following:

     The user-id has been disabled.

     The user-id/password is invalid or expired.

     The user-id has inadequate security access.

     The user-id has insufficent rights to files and directorys.

     NetWare is not allowing logins (DISABLE LOGIN was issued at the
     console).
"
regards

Michael Garnebode
Diplom-Informatiker
Schmitz Rz Consult GmbH
Bachstr.1
50259 Pulheim
Tel.: 02238/922266
Fax: 02238/922267
EMail: michael.garnebode AT schmitz-rz-consult DOT de

im Auftrag der SWEST

Sparkassen-Informatik-Services West GmbH
Abt. : 731-52400 Spacemanagement
Postanschrift :
      Postfach 10 53 10
      D - 40044 Düsseldorf