ADSM-L

Re: migrating from AIX to W2K with 349x lib

2002-12-05 11:10:00
Subject: Re: migrating from AIX to W2K with 349x lib
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 11:08:29 -0500
>Iam looking for some info about connecting our 349x
>library with an W2k TSM SERVER
>Currently it communicates with AIX through rs232.
>As i see it should be possible either through
>rs232/LAN
>but how (driver,config,..)

I want to make sure you know about the manuals which cover this...
(info listed in my http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts)

  "IBM TotalStorage Tape Device Drivers: Installation and User's Guide",
   (GC35-0154) (a renaming of the earlier manual "IBM SCSI Tape Drive, Medium
    Changer, and Library Device Drivers: Installation and User's Guide", of the
    same publication number)
  "IBM TotalStorage Tape Device Drivers: Programming Reference" (GC35-0346)
   (a renaming of the earlier manual "IBM SCSI Tape Drive, Medium Changer, and
    Library Device Drivers: Programming Reference" (WB2107))
        Available at ftp://ftp.storsys.ibm.com/devdrvr/Doc/
                     (refer to the .message file in that directory)
                  or ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Doc/  as files:
         IBM_TotalStorage_tape_IUG.ps      or  IBM_TotalStorage_tape_IUG.pdf
         IBM_TotalStorage_tape_PROGREF.ps  or  IBM_TotalStorage_tape_PROGREF.pdf

  3494 redbook:
        "IBM Magstar Tape Products Family: A Practical Guide" (SG24-4632)
         http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/abstracts/SG244632.html
         http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG244632.html
         http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/pubs/pdfs/redbooks/sg244632.pdf

 Richard Sims, BU