ADSM-L

include/exclude syntax question for TSM Unix Client

2002-12-04 16:59:04
Subject: include/exclude syntax question for TSM Unix Client
From: "Peppers, Holly" <Holly.Peppers AT BCBSFL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:52:35 -0500
Hi All,

I was hoping I could get some feedback on the syntax of a set of files that
I am trying to include during backup.  Currently, my exclude.list file looks
like so:

exclude.dir /u[0-9][0-9]
include.file /u38/exp/.../*.*

I'm trying to get TSM to backup all the files and subdirs under /u38/exp,
but still exclude all the the other u* directories and files.  I must be
doing something wrong, as TSM is still excluding /u38/exp.  I've tried a few
different combinations, but with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Holly L. Peppers
BCBSFL
Cpacity Planning

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc., and its subsidiary and
affiliate companies are not responsible for errors or omissions in this e-mail
message. Any personal comments made in this e-mail do not reflect the views of
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida, Inc.