ADSM-L

Re: Websphere 4.0 client

2002-12-04 08:47:45
Subject: Re: Websphere 4.0 client
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MODOT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 07:53:33 -0600
Sorry Bill,

the information I got from IBM/Tivoli was that no, v4 will not be
supported, but the v3 and v5 would be.  You mean that your folks will let
you take WAS offline to do a clean backup?  Would you mind telling me how
you stop/restart the Websphere stuff?  I keep asking our WAS people, and
they ignore me.  We have WAS on NT and AIX, so whichever you have will help
me in my quest.

thanks!!
lisa

                    Bill Mansfield
                    <WMansfield@SOLUTIONTECHN       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    OLOGY.COM>                      cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor       Subject:     Websphere 4.0
client
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                    12/03/2002 03:50 PM
                    Please respond to "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor Manager"

Does anyone know when IBM/Tivoli will provide a TDP for Websphere
Application Server version 4.0?  The current TDP for apps only supports
3.5; taking WAS offline to get a consistent backup is mighty inconvenient
for a 24x7 application.

Bill Mansfield
wmansfield AT solutiontechnology DOT com