ADSM-L

Can backup throughput be deliberately throttled on a per node basis.

2002-12-02 17:52:40
Subject: Can backup throughput be deliberately throttled on a per node basis.
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 09:45:38 +1100
I have an unusual situation where we are interested in deliberately
throttling network performance, that's right, we might want to slow down
backups from nodes and from server to server.
Furthermore it has been suggested to me that this capability is available
in TSM.

Apart from tweaking the communication options to impair client and server
communication performance (breaks my heart to consider doing it), is there
something specificly designed to restrict bandwidth usage within TSM?

I appreciate the feedback,

Regards,

Eric Winters
Sydney Australia