ADSM-L

Re: Permanent retention

2002-12-02 13:30:52
Subject: Re: Permanent retention
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 09:42:07 -0800
do the directory archives still go to the management class with the longest
retention ?
I put a 10 year archive management class in systems I built 6 years ago and
as people performed thousands of archives a day (for each of hundreds of
registered clients) the tsm databases grew out of controll...
I believe such issues are currently resolved (one way or another) but I
still don't make long term archive management classes available... I deal
with those needs in other ways (export of the data/node)

Dwight