ADSM-L

Re: volhist file

2002-11-27 09:04:26
Subject: Re: volhist file
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 05:57:09 -0800
the internal copy in the data base gets updated/created on the fly (as a
volume's status changes)
BUT to cut the external file use the "backup volhist" command from either an
admin session or an admin schedule.
The "backup volhist" command will write the internal table to the file
specified in the dsmserv.opt (or to a file or files specified via the
optional parameter of the backup volhist command)
How often/when it gets written to the external file automatically, I don't
know off the top of my head.

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III
509 S. Boston Ave.  Suite 220