ADSM-L

Re: Automating Archiving

2002-11-26 09:19:04
Subject: Re: Automating Archiving
From: "Talafous, John G." <Talafous AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 09:15:48 -0500
I successfully use a batch/command file scheduled via Windows Scheduled
Tasks that contains:

echo on
rem ************************************************
rem * Set environment variables needed for TSM     *
rem * NOTE: You may need to change these variables *
rem ************************************************
set DSM_DIR=c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient
set path=%PATH%;%DSM_DIR%
set DSM_CONFIG=%DSM_DIR%\dsm.opt
rem ************************************************
rem * And perform the archive                      *
rem ************************************************
%DSM_DIR%\dsmc archive c:\mxg\pdb\* c:\mxg\spin\* c:\mxg\tkr\* -subdir=yes
-description="MXG PDB Archive - %date%"
>c:\progra~1\tivoli\tsm\baclient\archivem.log

You could also perform this via a TSM Server schedule with Action=Command
and Object=name_of_batch_file.cmd

Hope this helps,
John G. Talafous              IS Technical Principal
The Timken Company            Global Software Support
P.O. Box 6927                 Data Management
1835 Dueber Ave. S.W.         Phone: (330)-471-3390
Canton, Ohio USA  44706-0927  Fax  : (330)-471-4034
talafous AT timken DOT com           http://www.timken.com