ADSM-L

Re: clean drive fails - cleaning tape is there, but tapeutil lostit

2002-11-25 19:31:15
Subject: Re: clean drive fails - cleaning tape is there, but tapeutil lostit
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 19:30:28 -0500
You didn't mention what make/model drive/library you have.
Some automated libraries should be set so library itself has
"autoclean" turned on and does the cleaning without TSM.

You also didn't say if this was manual or TSM automatic cleaning.

David Longo

>>> adsmigmo AT YAHOO DOT COM 11/25/02 02:44PM >>>
TSM 4.2.2.12
AIX 4.3.3

I checked in a new cleaning tape earlier this month.
After I checked it in I cleaned a couple of drives, so
I know at that point everything was good.

Now, clean drives fails with ANR8300E.  TSM still
holds a definition for the cleaner tape, the tape is
in the library (opened the door and saw it), but a
tapeutil inventory shows an empty slot at that element
address.

What could have caused this (I did a firmware upgrade
a couple of weeks ago), and more importantly, how do I
fix it?

M.

Yahoo! Mail Plus   Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 11/25/2002 07:31:53 PM
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this
message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or
opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender,
except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a
particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give such
views or opinions.