ADSM-L

Re: Microsoft SQL Hot/Backup

2002-11-25 18:37:51
Subject: Re: Microsoft SQL Hot/Backup
From: David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:59:58 -0500
The TDP SQL is actually installed on the node that has the SQL DB.

It does interface to TSM server, mine is on AIX 4.3.3. also, TSM
server
4.2.2.10 - soon going to 5.1.5.x.

David Longo

>>> camilo AT DIALTONE DOT COM 11/25/02 02:48PM >>>
Can I installed this on my RS/6000 AIX 4.3.3 TSM server? Becuase all
my
nodes are backing up to it.

On Mon, 2002-11-25 at 12:52, David Longo wrote:
> There's an additional product with TSM called TDP for SQL,
> or I think the new name is ITSM for Databases.  It does hot backups
> of SQL DB's on NT and W2K.  I use it here for both.
>
> David Longo

> Good Morning TSM'ers,
>
> I am sure some of you are using some type of setting or software to
> backup your SQL databases in windows 2k. If you could share some
names
> of software, or knowledge about this it will be apreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Camilo M.
>
> --
> Camilo A. Marrugo
> Data Storage Manager
> Dialtone Interland
> camilo AT dialtone DOT com - http://www.dialtone.com
> Voice: (954) 581-0097 - Fax: (954) 581-7629
>

> "MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
>  annotations on 11/25/2002 12:54:04 PM

> This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and
all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it, and
notify the sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose,
intended recipient.  Health First reserves the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or opinions
expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender,
except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf
of a particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity
to give such views or opinions.

Camilo A. Marrugo
Technical Support
Dialtone Interland
camilo AT dialtone DOT com - http://www.dialtone.com
Voice: 1.800.621.8309 ext. 1503  Toll Free

"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
 annotations on 11/25/2002 05:34:21 PM
This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this
message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not,
directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the