ADSM-L

Re: TDP Exchange - server expiration problem

2002-11-25 11:11:20
Subject: Re: TDP Exchange - server expiration problem
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:10:03 -0500
Chris,

For Exchange 2000, if you remove/rename a database within
a storage group, the next FULL backup that succeeds should
inactivate (force from active to inactive) any databases
that were rename/removed.

If you have renamed/removed an entire storage group...
take a look at the following command:

   TDPEXCC HELP INACTIVATE

It shows:

TDPEXCC INACTivate *|DIR|IS|sgname1,..,sgnameN backuptype
  where backuptype can be:
      FULL|COPY|INCRemental|DIFFerential|DBCopy dbname
  [/CONFIGfile=tdpexc.cfg|filename] (default: tdpexc.cfg)
  [/FROMEXCSERVer=servername] (default: local exchange server)
  [/LOGFile=tdpexc.log|logfilename] (default: tdpexc.log)
  [/LOGPrune=60|n|No] (default: 60)
  [/OBJect=object] (default: current active object)
  [/Quiet]
  [/TSMNODe=nodename]
  [/TSMOPTFile=dsm.opt|filename] (default: dsm.opt)
  [/TSMPassword=password]

So, if you had an OLD storage group named "OldMailboxStore1"
you could enter:

   TDPEXCC INACTIVATE OldMailboxStore1 FULL

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.
> We have been testing TDP for Exchange , Version 2.2 on win2k backing up
> Exchange 2000 to TSM 5.1.5
>
> On the TSM server we can see that backups go back 30 days even though the
> copygroup parameters are set to 7 days.  On further investigation we
found
> that a mailstore backup was still showing as Active even though that
> mailstore was deleted some time ago ( not sure when ). Looks like the TSM
> server is having a problem setting the deleted mailstore backups from
Active