ADSM-L

TDP Exchange - server expiration problem

2002-11-25 10:45:26
Subject: TDP Exchange - server expiration problem
From: chris rees <rees_chris AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:43:21 +0000
Hi all

We have been testing TDP for Exchange , Version 2.2 on win2k backing up
Exchange 2000 to TSM 5.1.5

On the TSM server we can see that backups go back 30 days even though the
copygroup parameters are set to 7 days.  On further investigation we found
that a mailstore backup was still showing as Active even though that
mailstore was deleted some time ago ( not sure when ). Looks like the TSM
server is having a problem setting the deleted mailstore backups from Active
to Inactive. Anyone else seen this??

Also whats the way around this because in TDP 2.2 you cannot manually delete
a backup ( I think ). Do I have to hack the backups table on the TSM server
somehow to change the status for that mailstore to Inactive?

We will be doing further testing so I'll let you know what we find.

Thanks

Chris Rees