ADSM-L

Re: TDP Restoration Process.

2002-11-25 09:59:26
Subject: Re: TDP Restoration Process.
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:55:04 -0500
As Wanda likes to say.."It depends.."

It depends on your requirements, the amount of space you have available
on the Domino server for logs, how often you want to CYA yourself,... If
you have some heavily updated databases, the amount of space for logs
may require you to archive them more often. If you want to make sure
that you can restore to the previous hour in the case of a total server
crash, you lose the RAID array,... then archive more often is necessary.

You can reduce the restore time by directing the archive log backups to
either a collocated storage pool, or just their own storage pool to
reduce the number of tapes required for restore processing.

You just need to take this all into account when architecting the
process...."It depends".

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.