ADSM-L

Re: TDP Restoration Process.

2002-11-25 09:52:51
Subject: Re: TDP Restoration Process.
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 15:47:46 +0100
If your logs are spread out on multiple tapes, I would concider
implementing collocation to have as much data as possible from the node on
the same tape.

Also,  normally, you dont do log backups to minize the amount of data per
day, but to be able to do PIT restores. Therefore, I normally run full
backups at night, and then hourly logs every hour. This way, I have one
full backup and 23 transaction logs, stored on the same tape. In this
case, I dont have to do multiple mounts.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 HÄGERNÄS
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
2002-11-25 15:35