ADSM-L

Re: Migration from AIX to Solaris

2002-11-22 11:59:24
Subject: Re: Migration from AIX to Solaris
From: Alex Paschal <AlexPaschal AT FREIGHTLINER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:58:35 -0800
Wanda, Al,

I was reading in the 5.1.5.2 README, I think.  There's now a functionality
to EXPORT directly to a server (not via virtual volumes).  Ah, here it is.

Alex Paschal
Storage Administrator
Freightliner, LLC
(503) 745-6850 phone/vmail

TSM 5.1.5 introduces 2 new features to the export/import functions:
  1) Customers will now be able to issue exports directly to another server
     and have the specified server perform the import immediately.
  2) The MERGEfilespaces option has been added to the import function to
     merge client files into existing filespaces, if they exist.
     If MERGEfilespaces=Yes is specified, Dates=Relative is not allowed.

These features are available from both the command line and the Web client.
The command line syntax for the existing export functions has not changed in
TSM Version 5.  The corrected syntax to export directly to another server
is:

  EXPort Admin  [admin_name]
                TOServer=server_name
                [PREVIEWImport=No|Yes]
                [Replacedefs=No|Yes]

  EXPort Policy [domain_name]
                TOServer=server_name
                [PREVIEWImport=No|Yes]
                [Replacedefs=No|Yes]

  EXPort Server [FILEData=None|Al|ARchive|Backup|BACKUPActive|ALLActive|
                          SPacemanaged]
                [FROMDate=date [FROMTime=time]]
                TOServer=server_name
                [PREVIEWImport=No|Yes]