ADSM-L

Re: TDP Restoration Process.

2002-11-22 11:43:13
Subject: Re: TDP Restoration Process.
From: Greg Redell <GRedell AT GWL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 10:40:36 -0600
TDP only restores the logs that are not on the disk of the Domino server.
While it is processing the logs already on disk it does not display any new
messages.

Greg Redell
Great-West Life & Annuity Insurance Co.
Phone: 314-525-5877
Email: Gredell AT GWL DOT com

Don't try to fix it, unless you understand it.

                    "Brian L. Nick"
                    <BRIAN.NICK@PHOE       To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    NIXWM.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     TDP Restoration Process.
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[email protected]
                    T.EDU>

                    11/22/2002 08:32
                    AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Good morning,

We are running TDP for Domino 1.1 on a Domino server 5.08 running on NT.
TSM server 4.2.1.9 is running on OS/390 2.10. The initial restore process
is working well, but we are attempting to apply 2 days worth of transaction
logs and we are moving over 6 Gb of data and then the process appears to
hang and the restore process does not complete. We archive out Domino
transaction logs to TDP hourly.

 The restore is running about 2 hours before the problem occurs.

 Can anyone tell me if the amount of data and the length of time that this
takes is normal?

 My Domino group isn't happy with the processing time to recover a single
mail file.

 Thanks,
    Brian

Brian L. Nick
Systems Technician - Storage Solutions
The Phoenix Companies Inc.
100 Bright Meadow Blvd
Enfield CT. 06082-1900

E-MAIL:  Brian.Nick AT phoenixwm DOT com
PHONE:   (860)403-2281