ADSM-L

Re: help:disaster backup question!

2002-11-22 06:32:40
Subject: Re: help:disaster backup question!
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 01:24:36 +0200
I assume you have a connection between your office and the other building.
If you got Tivoli Disaster Recovery Manager (after your post from 1.11,
either standalone or part of ITSM eXtended Edition) it can be done:
1. define the production TSM server as node of type server to the second
server
2. define device class of type server on the production server.
3. define copypool over that device class (with virtual volumes)
4. perform "backup stg <primary> <copy>" by administrative schedule and
make DB backups to that same device class
If your connection is fast enough and you have ITSM v5.1 copies can be
made during backup. Have in mind that if connection is slow backup will be
also slow.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

fenglimian <fenglimian AT 163 DOT COM>