ADSM-L

Re: audit volume

2002-11-20 22:10:33
Subject: Re: audit volume
From: Joshua Bassi <jbassi AT IHWY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:04:32 -0800
My understanding of the audit volume process is that it doesn't actually
read the data on the tape.  Instead it reads the checksum information
that TSM puts on the tape periodically.  This bit me once when I was
auditing a disk volume.  The audit volume deleted some files out but
failed to find some files on disk which were in error.

Hope this helps,

--
Joshua S. Bassi
IBM Certified - AIX 4/5L, SAN, Shark