ADSM-L

dsmc and NFS

2002-11-20 15:12:35
Subject: dsmc and NFS
From: Luke Dahl <ldahl AT JPL.NASA DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 10:57:38 -0800
Hi All,
    A few questions pertaining to nfs mounts and using both scheduled
backups as well as dsmc incrementals.  When using  ./dsmc -incr
/var/backup/20021120/FullBackup_a.log where the file is on an nfs
mounted partition do I need to worry about adding the domain /all-nfs
parameter?  I would think if I'm specifying the file I needn't worry
about it.  It would seem like it only pertains to the scheduled
backups.  Correct?
    Is it possible to run two TSM clients on Solaris (2.8) with them
each having a scheduler daemon running?  If so, I'd appreciate any
information on it!

Luke Dahl
NASA - Jet Propulsion Laboratory
818-354-7117