ADSM-L

Re: TSM skipping some local drives

2002-11-19 19:40:44
Subject: Re: TSM skipping some local drives
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:40:06 -0500
Dave,

Your right that "domain all-local" is the default.

Since you are able to backup the local drive manually but not
via the schedul.

I would check the permission for the schedule service to see if
it have the proper permission to access the local drive.

I had a simular issue about a year ago. It turn out that the
scheduler service did not have the proper permission to access
the local drive. I just gave the scheduler
service "administrator" rights and that worked for me.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , David Wentworth (David.Wentworth AT UCOP DOT EDU) wrote:

> Hello. I have TSM installed on two Windows 2000 servers. One
server has TSM
> 4.1.1 and the other one has 5.1.0.1. Both of them are
skipping a local
> drive. I think "Domain all-local" is the default. I tried
making it
> explicit but it didn't help. One server (with TSM 4.1.1) has
a C: and E:
> drive. C: gets backed up but not E:. The other server (with
TSM 5.1.0.1)