ADSM-L

Re: Please help - ANS1311E Server out of data storage space in TSM

2002-11-19 18:28:58
Subject: Re: Please help - ANS1311E Server out of data storage space in TSM
From: Sias Dealy <hnre AT UREACH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 18:28:23 -0500
Murali,

Are you doing server to server communication?
If this is the case, the target server may not have enough
space.

Lower the migration threshold and check the actlog. There
should be some message about the migration failing and there
should also be our famous ANS1311E message.

I know that you can add a volume to the target server. The
command escapes me at the moment. I just don't do server to
server communcation as often as I would like.

Sias

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On    , murali ramaswamy (muralirama29 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM) wrote:

> Hi,
> I am  not mapping a drive.  I added the IP address in the
field while
> creating the NODE for the other machine.
> Thanks
> -murali
>

> >From: Sias Dealy  <hnre AT ureach DOT com>
> >To: "murali ramaswamy" <muralirama29 AT hotmail DOT com>, ADSM-
L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
> >Subject: Re: Re: Please help - ANS1311E Server out of data
storage space in
> >TSM
> >Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 17:38:05 -0500
> >

> >Murali,
> >
> >If the data from the disk pool is not going to a tape pool
but
> >the data is going to another machine.
> >I would check the network connection and also if that machine
> >is up and running. If both checks out fine, then chech to see
> >if there is enough space on the target machine.
> >
> >Are you mapping a drive to another machine? I would unmap and
> >remap the drive. On Windows 2000 drive mapping is not as
> >forgiving as NTFS on Unix.
> >
> >If everything checks fine.
> >Lower the migration threshold and check the actlog to see
what
> >kind of error message that you are getting.
> >
> >A volume is just a file where TSM stores data. I'm not too
sure
> >if this would be consider a flat file or not.
> >

> >Sias
> >
> >---- On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, murali ramaswamy
> >(muralirama29 AT hotmail DOT com) wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > What is volume on Windows 2000 box?  I dont have any
backup
> >tape drive
> > > attached.  I just back up to another location on the
machine
> >which was
> > > created through the Device Configuration wizard on the
Server
> >GUI.
> > > Thanks
> > > -murali