ADSM-L

kindly help - dsmsched.log: is it only fro local client inTSM?

2002-11-19 16:42:24
Subject: kindly help - dsmsched.log: is it only fro local client inTSM?
From: murali ramaswamy <muralirama29 AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 21:41:36 +0000
Hi,
 Can you please tell if the dsmsched.log in Tivoli Storage Manager the
location of which is configured through the TSM client GUI is only for
displaying log information for the local client ( the client installed in
the same box) only?     I have on my machine(Windows2000) installed both TSM
server and client and there is another machine in network mc-A
which is also Windows2000, on which I installed TSM client.  In the
dsmsched.log, after scheduling backups on my machine and mc-A, I see only
information about my machine backups and not about mc-A.  But on querying
ACTLOG I could see information of backup about mc-A also.  So is this log
only for client which is installed on my box and is there not any
centralized server log that could give all backups from all other clients
for this TSM server?
Thanks
-murali