ADSM-L

Re: OS/2 support on 5.X?

2002-11-18 11:25:50
Subject: Re: OS/2 support on 5.X?
From: Dirk Billerbeck <dirk.billerbeck AT GECITS-EU DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 17:25:51 +0100
Hi Lloyd,

yes, one of the messages was from me and it was based on the experiences of
a colleague of mine with the v5.1.1 server for Windows. But a different
customer told us that he had no problems to connect with an OS/2 client to
an AIX v5.1 TSM server. So the situation was a little bit uncertain.

In the meantime I did some testing with the TSM server v5.1.5 for Linux (I
used Red Hat v7.2) and got the same results as our second customer. I could
back up, restore, archive and retrieve files. The scheduler worked and the
web client too.

So, as far as I can tell you, the AIX and Linux TSM server v5.1.x are ok
with OS/2 v3.7 clients (although not officially supported by IBM).

I hope that will help you and your customer.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Met vriendelijke groeten,
With best regards,
Bien amicalement,

CU/2,
                Dirk Billerbeck

Dirk Billerbeck
GE CompuNet Kiel
Enterprise Computing Solutions
Am Jaegersberg 20, 24161 Altenholz (Kiel), Germany
Phone: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 117, Fax: +49 (0) 431 / 3609 - 190,
Internet: dirk.billerbeck @ gecits-eu.com

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient,
you must not disclose or use the information contained in it.
If you have received this mail in error, please tell us
immediately by return email and delete the document.

dieter AT SNRGY DOT [email protected] on 18.11.2002 17:08:55

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU