ADSM-L

Re: dsmcad scheduler and multiple tasks

2002-11-18 11:05:56
Subject: Re: dsmcad scheduler and multiple tasks
From: Allen Barth <allen.barth AT DB DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:04:02 -0600
Thanks, but I see issues with both of these methods:
        1) Kicking off a script which then spawns the other two at
appropriate times:
                a) doesn't solve the original problem of "if some
scheduled task is already running, this won't get started", and
                b) the feedback about the success of the schedule won't
tell me if the filesystems got backed up.
        2) Registering this machine as multiple nodes (and running two
schedulers) can create problems with identifying which 'node' has the
current version of the file for filesystem 'x'.   I know I can also create
multiple include-exclude files and exclude from one what I include on the
other, but IMHO this is just plain silly and asking for trouble.

The client schedule piece of the code should be able to handle multiple
parallel requests.

"Thomas Denier" <Thomas.Denier AT mail.tju DOT edu>
11/14/02 03:45 PM