ADSM-L

Re: DB2 Backup using different node names

2002-11-18 10:02:01
Subject: Re: DB2 Backup using different node names
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 10:00:25 -0500
In Unix, my testing has shown that the DB2 instance uses the values set when
that instance was started. If using the steps in the Backing up DB2 using
TSM redbook, then the DSMI_* variables are set in the
~HOME/sqllib/userprofile script. The "DB2 BACKUP DB ...USE TSM" command is
internal to the instance and uses those values. Not the values you have
specified in your script. You would have to move in a different DSM.OPT file
referencing a different NODENAME before each backup command.

I don't quite understand why you want the same DB backed up as 2 different
nodes??!!?!

Assuming Unix.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.