ADSM-L

Re: TSM on W2K Cluster with TDP for SQL

2002-11-18 09:03:44
Subject: Re: TSM on W2K Cluster with TDP for SQL
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 08:18:58 -0500
Geirr,

Verify that you have CLUSTERNODE YES in the
options file that runs the scheduler.

Verify that the generated password is stored
correctly on both nodes of the cluster, i.e. you can
issue a command from either node in the cluster that
it will connect and authenticate correctly with
the TSM Server.

Did you set up the registry replication for the
resource that runs the scheduler service?
That makes sure that the generated password that
is stored in the registry is replicated to the
alternate node in the cluster in the event of a failover.

If that doesn't help, you may want to look more
closely at the error logs and find out
specifically why it isn't starting up and then
call IBM service to help diagnose.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

- Never cut what can be untied.
- Commit yourself to constant improvement.