ADSM-L

Re: Linux Backup

2002-11-15 09:39:52
Subject: Re: Linux Backup
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:38:59 -0500
More details, please.

Linux Version/Level/Kernel.

What TSM client level ?

Sounds like the problem with EXT3 file systems.  Simplest answer is a
higher level TSM client !

Nelson Kane <TSMUser AT AOL DOT COM>
11/15/2002 09:34 AM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Linux Backup

Hello All,
I am having an Issue with  my Linux backup.
Soon as I start the backup, it instantly completes.
When I try to see the filesets backed up there are
none. It appears as if the server does not recognise
the linux filesystems.
In the dsmsched.log there's a message indicating that
there is No domain available for incremental backup.
Did anyone see this before?
-Kane