ADSM-L

Re: 64bit client on 32bit aix5l

2002-11-15 04:19:57
Subject: Re: 64bit client on 32bit aix5l
From: Zlatko Krastev <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 11:17:15 +0200
32-bit client is for both AIX 4.3 and 5L. Thus you have to install
packages with names ending on ".aix43"

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Michelle Wiedeman <michelle.wiedeman AT MULTRIX DOT COM>
15.11.2002 10:59

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        64bit client on 32bit aix5l

hi *sm'ers,

I'm asked to install a tsm client on a aix5L 32bit running server,
due to the fact that one of our tsmservers runs adsm3.1 I have to use at
last client level 4.2.
As far as i see this is only available for aix 5L as a 64bit client.
Doe anyone have a clue if there is a 32bit client availeble for aix5L?
and if not, how to solve this problem? (as read from the adsm.org archive,
switching to aix 64bit reduces speed regarding tsm, so I feel this is not
an
option, correct me if I'm wrong)

mi©helle