ADSM-L

Re: random I/O errors since repairs (solved!)

2002-11-14 03:32:40
Subject: Re: random I/O errors since repairs (solved!)
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:32:02 +0100
Hi David and Burak!
My I/O error problems are solved. The drives were not the problem. The
library tried to move a tape from a drive to a storage slot. It failed to do
so (due to a incorrect alignment of the gripper) and thus it re-inserted the
tape into the drive. This renders the drive unavailable to TSM.
I realigned the gripper an everything works fine now.
Thanks again!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines