ADSM-L

Re: Error initializing TSM Api

2002-11-13 15:30:57
Subject: Re: Error initializing TSM Api
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:29:41 -0500
I believe he's on NT and the password is in the registry, not in a file as
some OS's. I'm not even sure if you remove the TSM service(s) if that will
remove the registry keys. But removing and then re-installing the service(s)
will at least correct the password in the registry.

I have seen a problem if you were not specifying a NODENAME in the DSM.OPT
file and the value assigned to the %COMPUTERNAME% env variable was
lower-case. How it gets assigned as lower-case, I'll never know, but the
encrytpion algorithm TSM uses to store the password in the registry looks
like it didn't UPPER(NODENAME) first in some cases. So the scheduler would
work until you ran the line command which would ask you to re-entry the
password. Then the scheduler wouldn't work anymore. Also affected the CAD
service.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.