ADSM-L

Re: SQL 2.2.1

2002-11-13 13:05:30
Subject: Re: SQL 2.2.1
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:02:19 -0500
And another thing....the end of backup statistics message that gets pumped
up to the server is real long. So if you use a SQL query to get it from the
activity log, you only get the first 250-chars. The real meat of the stats
is past that. So trying to monitor/automate the backup stats for a TDP
backup won't work. (found this one out the hard way...still got the
teeth-marks on my butt where it bit me!!) I extracted the data using a SQL,
piped it to a file -COMMA and brought it back to my office for analysis.
Found I couln't analyze anything from the output. Everything was truncated
at 250-chars.

Just my rant-of-the-day.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world those who understand binary and
those who don't." - ??