ADSM-L

Wierd optionset behavior

2002-11-13 11:52:33
Subject: Wierd optionset behavior
From: Sam Sheppard <SHS AT SDDPC.SANNET DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:50:58 PST
Hi all:  I am experiencing a strange behavior when adding an OPTIONSET
to a client definition and wondered if anyone else had experienced this.
I enter the following command:

UPD N * CLOP=WINOPT WHEREPLATFORM=WINNT

This is duly followed by a number of replies:

ANR2063I Node NODENAME updated.

All works fine for a while, Query Node shows the optionset in the node
definition, but a couple of days later I notice that all of the nodes
which were updated with this option no longer have it.  I can define it
again and it will disappear in another couple of days.

So far, I have Optionsets defined on both Windows and Netware clients,
but I only see this behavior on the Windows clients.

CLient levels vary, 4.1 - 5.1.1
Server is OS/390 R10, version 4.2.2.0

Thanks
Sam Sheppard