ADSM-L

Gigabit Utilization

2002-11-11 22:43:49
Subject: Gigabit Utilization
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:41:43 -0800
Does anyone who has access to any port utilizations statistics on a TSM
server using a GIG adapter have anything they could send me as a sampling
during heavy backup traffic? I've asked the people here to take a look at
mine so I can get an idea of how busy it's peak load to see if there are any
bottlenecks. I'd also like to compare the numbers of connections you have to
mine during that time. I don't know if we have any issues I'm just checking
at the moment.
In case it's needed I'm on AIX 4.3.3and TSM 5.1.5.2. This computer does
nothing else.

Thanks,
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154