ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Oracle

2002-11-11 12:37:27
Subject: Re: TDP for Oracle
From: "Marcel J.E. Mol" <marcel AT MESA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:36:15 +0100
On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 11:31:02AM -0500, Brian Dade wrote:
> Hi Joseph,
>
> I'm not so sure they can run concurrently.  I have two versions of Oracle
> on a server with one being 32 bit and the other being 64 bit.  Someone may
> be able to tell you how to get around the link of libobk.a to
> /usr/lib/libobk.a, but I think that's part of the problem.  Originally, I
> tested backing up the 32 bit version and then I proceeded to test the 64
> bit version.  My 64 bit backup wouldn't work until I set the link of
> libobk.a properly.

You might get around by directly linking libobk.a in $ORACLE_HOME/lib and
remove the link in /usr/lib. But then you might have to some extra
tricks to make tdposync et al to run (e..g set LD_LIBRBRY_PATH).

We played with this last week to get oracle 9.0.1 rman working o AIX 4.3.3.
It seemed to start fine but got an error somwhere down the road. I
probably continue testing in the next couple of days.

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.
    =======---------        ph. +31-(0)6-54724868          P.O. Box 112