ADSM-L

Re: 2.8.0.41 for 3583 (was q libv just stopped working?)

2002-11-09 08:28:36
Subject: Re: 2.8.0.41 for 3583 (was q libv just stopped working?)
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 23:02:21 -0600
We've updated to 2.8.0.41 on our 3583, changed the barcode to extended.
(Also checked in a cleaner cart in the previously reserved slot and set the
library to auto cleaning - gains a slot!)

We've had a few problems since we've upgraded, since everything was running
fine before this the firmware upgrade is suspicious.

We've had 3 occurrences of the picker dropping a tape cartridge - twice the
cartridge was on top of the picker (Once it was hiding underneath!)

Since we had the problems, IBM has replaced the picker and a logic card - we
had another tape dropped this morning.

We decided late this afternoon to downgrade back to the level we were at and
when we did, the library comes up but does not recognize any slots past
column 2!  So back to the new firmware and we're hoping we'll last the
weekend (Long weekend in Canada - Rememberance Day) without any dropped
cartridges.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg