ADSM-L

Re: Journaling

2002-11-07 14:26:20
Subject: Re: Journaling
From: "Whitlow, Don" <Don.Whitlow AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:24:36 -0600
I may be adding more questions than I am answering, but why should it matter
if a disk is SAN-based vs. DAS (local)? I would assume journaling would work
at the drive letter (logical) level, meaning it would be clueless as to the
underlying disk access method. To the O/S and software, it should just look
like a drive/volume.

Maybe I'm missing something more to the puzzle. But I would think it would
work for you.

Good luck
Don