ADSM-L

Re: EXCLUDE for Novell Netware backups

2002-11-07 12:13:51
Subject: Re: EXCLUDE for Novell Netware backups
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:12:59 -0500
Thanks.

However, I am now thoroughly confused. One example in the book shows:

        Exclude all files and directories under any tmp directory that
might exist on servera

        exclude servera\*:.../tmp/.../*

So, IBM, which is it ?   Forward-Slash or Back-Slash ??????????????????

Can I substitute a * (or is it *:) to select *ANY* server and *ANY*
drive/volume ?

So, would that be:

EXCLUDE *\*:.../QUEUES/.../*

or as David says,

EXCLUDE *\*:...\QUEUES\...\*

or is it Forward-Slash (/) when you don't specify a SERVER but Back-Slash
(\) when you do ?

David Longo <David.Longo AT HEALTH-FIRST DOT ORG>
11/07/2002 11:24 AM