ADSM-L

help required for configuring Tape storage pool

2002-11-07 10:40:36
Subject: help required for configuring Tape storage pool
From: "Kempadasiah, Umesh" <u.kempad AT SOUTHERNCO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 10:24:33 -0500
Hi,
   I am finding some difficulties in backing up to the tape library.
I am  using TSM 5.1 .
I get the following error while backup
ANR1134W Migration terminated for storage pool BACKUPPOOL - insufficient number

of mount points available for removable media.

Can someone tell me what is that  I am missing? It will be very helpful

The details are listed below:

The output from the querys is listed below

tsm: XXY>query stgpool

Storage Device Estimated Pct Pct High Low Next Stora-

Pool Name Class Name Capacity Util Migr Mig Mig ge Pool

(MB) Pct Pct

----------- ---------- ---------- ----- ----- ---- --- -----------

ARCHIVEPOOL DISK 8.0 0.0 0.0 90 70

BACKUPPOOL DISK 8.0 99.3 99.3 90 70 TAPE-LIB

SPACEMGPOOL DISK 8.0 0.0 0.0 90 70

TAPE-LIB AUTO-DLT 0.0 0.0 0.0 90 70

tsm: XXY>query library

Library Name: IBM-7337

Library Type: SCSI

ACS Id:

Private Category:

Scratch Category:

External Manager:

Shared: No

LanFree:

ObeyMountRetention:

tsm: XXY>query drive

Library Name Drive Name Device Type On-Line

------------ ------------ ----------- -------------------

IBM-7337 DRIVE1 GENERICTAPE Unavailable Since

11/06/02 13:31:11

IBM-7337 DRIVE2 GENERICTAPE Yes

tsm: XXY>query devclass

Device Device Storage Device Format Est/Max Mount

Class Access Pool Type Capacity Limit

Name Strategy Count (MB)

AUTO-DLT Sequential 1 DLT DLT35 DRIVES

DISK Random 3