ADSM-L

Re: random I/O errors since repairs

2002-11-07 10:17:32
Subject: Re: random I/O errors since repairs
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:16:25 +0100
Hi Burak!
No luck...
We have done the following actions:
1) I varied the drives offline in TSM
2) We removed the drives and library from SMIT (keep definition=no)
3) We installed Atape 7.1.5.0
4) We ran a rmdev -l fcs0 -R to refresh the devices AIX sees at the fiber
channel end.
5) We ran CFGMGR so the drives are redetected.
6) Varied the drives online in TSM
So far so good, but as soon as I started a backup stgpool to the library I
again receive the same errors for the same two drives...
I hope you, or someone else, has any more suggestions.
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon
KLM Royal Dutch Airlines