ADSM-L

Re: Data rebinding to non-default management class.

2002-11-06 19:57:14
Subject: Re: Data rebinding to non-default management class.
From: David Fosdike <DFosdike AT ELDERS.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 11:27:42 +1030
Thanks very much - it worked very well.  One further question:

Without doing another full backup, how can we change the management class of
previously backed up objects?  We need to reduce the size of a collocated
copy pool but can't move the objects off the collocated pool because they
are still bound to a class that specifies that pool and its predecessors.
Consequently we have tapes in both our collocated and non-collacated copy
pools with objects from the same node.  We've tried doing a MOVE DATA
tapevol STG=non-collocated-pool but it won't work.
We assume this is because of the management class to which these objects are
bound - hence my question.

Thanks for any help.