ADSM-L

W2K recovery testing

2002-11-05 16:16:14
Subject: W2K recovery testing
From: "Adams, Matt (US - Hermitage)" <maadams AT DELOITTE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:03:26 -0600
Here is the background info:

Client:  Compaq GL380 running W2K SP3.  TSM client 5.1.5.2
TSM server:  TSM version 4.2.1.11 running on AIX 4.3.3

The problem:

We use Compaq Insight Agents to "team" the NIC's for redundancy.  There is a
built in NIC and an additional NIC added.

We perform the recommended recovery steps.

        Boot from Windows 2000 SP3 CD
        Delete C partition
        Create C partition (identical size)
        Install Windows
        Login to Windows as administrator
        Apply Compaq SSD to ensure NIC and hardware drivers match preinstall

        Configure Compaq NICs to match the preinstall configuration
        Install TSM client
        Restore contents of C.
        Restore System Objects through TSM GUI
        Boot

When the server comes back up, the NIC's are not configured the same at all.
We have to blow away the configuration and reconfigure everything.

Has anyone else in the same environment experienced the same problems??

Regards,

Matt Adams
Tivoli Storage Manager Team
Hermitage Site Tech
Deloitte & Touche USA LLP

- This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information