ADSM-L

Re: TSM reliability

2002-11-04 11:21:30
Subject: Re: TSM reliability
From: Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 11:18:40 -0500
Be carefull on AIX. Here's one that has bit us twice so far:

IC34860 and is not closed:
.
ERROR DESCRIPTION:
When using the Web Admin Gui with a version 4.2 or 5.1 server
displayed volume names can be shown with odd characters such
as %252F instead of the correct character(s).
Attempting an operation such as deleting one of these volumes
can cause the TSM server to crash.  Although the odd character
display is an apparent browser problem TSM should not crash
when receiving the unexpected string.
LOCAL FIX:
Do not use the Web Admin GUI to perform volume operations when
the volume names are not displayed correctly.